Resource pages are an important but often overlooked tool that businesses can use to increase website traffic, build relationships with customers, and boost search engine rankings. In this article, we will discuss in detail the benefits of resource pages and provide tips and tricks for creating effective resource pages.
What is a Resource Page?
A resource page is a web page on your website that contains helpful information, resources, and links to other websites. Resource pages are used to provide information about a particular topic, to link to other websites that provide helpful information, or to provide a list of resources that can be used to help visitors find what they need. Resource pages can also be used to provide links to other websites that are related to your business or industry.
Benefits of Resource Pages
Resource pages can provide a multitude of benefits to businesses, such as:
- Increasing Website Traffic: Resource pages can help to increase website traffic by providing visitors with valuable content and information that they may not have found otherwise. When visitors find your resource page useful, they are more likely to stay on your website longer, explore other pages, and share your content with others.
- Boosting Search Engine Rankings: Resource pages can also help to boost your search engine rankings by providing valuable content and links to other websites. When search engines see that your website is providing valuable resources and information to visitors, they are more likely to rank your website higher in search engine results pages.
- Building Relationships with Customers: Resource pages can be used to build relationships with customers by providing them with helpful information and resources. When customers see that your business is providing them with valuable resources, they are more likely to trust your business and become loyal customers.
Creating Effective Resource Pages
Creating effective resource pages can be a challenge, but the following tips and tricks can help you create pages that are both useful and engaging:
- Choose a Relevant Topic: It’s important to choose a topic that is relevant to your business or industry when creating a resource page. This will ensure that the content on the page is useful and engaging for your target audience.
- Include Relevant Content: The content on your resource page should be relevant to the topic and provide value to your visitors. This can include blog posts, articles, videos, infographics, and other types of content.
- Link to Other Websites: Resource pages should include links to other websites that provide helpful information or resources. This will help to improve your search engine rankings and provide visitors with additional information.
- Organize Your Content: Resource pages should be organized in a way that makes it easy for visitors to find the information they need. This can include using headings and subheadings, as well as providing a search bar or other navigation tools.
- Make it Visually Appealing: Resource pages should be visually appealing and easy to navigate. This can include using images, videos, and other types of media to make the page more engaging.
- Include a Call-to-Action: Resource pages should include a call-to-action that encourages visitors to take action, such as contacting your business or exploring your products or services.
Step by Step with Resource Page Sample
Creating a resource page can seem like a daunting task, but with the right approach, it can be a valuable addition to your website. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to create a resource page, along with a sample resource page for reference.
Step 1: Choose a topic
The first step in creating a resource page is to choose a topic. This should be a topic that is relevant to your business or industry, and that your customers will find helpful. You can use keyword research tools like Google Keyword Planner or Ahrefs to identify popular topics related to your industry.
For example, if you run a fitness blog, you could choose a topic like “workout plans” for your resource page.
Step 2: Gather content
Once you have chosen a topic, the next step is to gather content for your resource page. This can include blog posts, articles, videos, infographics, and other types of content. You can create your own content or curate content from other sources.
For example, for a workout plans resource page, you could include:
- Your own workout plans
- Links to other workout plans on your blog
- Workout videos from YouTube
- Infographics about different types of workouts
Step 3: Organize your content
Organizing your content is key to creating an effective resource page. You want to make it easy for visitors to find the information they need. Use headings and subheadings to break up your content and make it easier to scan.
For example, you could organize your workout plans resource page like this:
- Beginner Workout Plans
- 3-Day Full Body Workout Plan
- 4-Week Beginner’s Workout Plan
- Intermediate Workout Plans
- 5-Day Split Workout Plan
- 12-Week Muscle Building Workout Plan
- Advanced Workout Plans
- 6-Day Push-Pull-Legs Workout Plan
- 8-Week Powerlifting Program
Step 4: Add visuals
Adding visuals to your resource page can make it more engaging and easier to read. You can use images, videos, and other types of media to break up your content and make it more visually appealing.
For example, you could include images of different exercises or infographics that explain different types of workouts.
Step 5: Include external links
Including external links to other helpful resources can make your resource page more valuable to your visitors. Make sure to link to reputable sources and avoid linking to spammy or low-quality websites.
For example, for a workout plans resource page, you could include links to other fitness blogs or YouTube channels that provide workout plans.
Step 6: Add a call to action
Finally, make sure to include a call to action on your resource page. This could be a link to contact your company, a link to a product or service, or a form to sign up for a newsletter.
For example, for a workout plans resource page, you could include a call to action to sign up for your weekly newsletter or to check out your fitness program.
Here is a sample workout plans resource page:
Welcome to our workout plans resource page! Here, you’ll find a variety of workout plans to help you reach your fitness goals. From beginner plans to advanced programs, we have something for everyone.
Beginner Workout Plans
3-Day Full Body Workout Plan – This workout plan is perfect for beginners who want to get started with strength training. It includes three full-body workouts per week and focuses on compound exercises like squats, deadlifts, and bench presses.
4-Week Beginner’s Workout Plan – This four-week plan is designed for beginners who want to build strength and endurance. It includes a mix of cardio and strength training and gradually increases in intensity.
Intermediate Workout Plans
12-Week Intermediate Workout Plan – This 12-week plan is perfect for those who have completed a beginner program and want to take their fitness to the next level. It includes a combination of strength training and cardio, with an emphasis on progressive overload to continue building strength and muscle.
5-Day Upper/Lower Split Workout Plan – This plan is ideal for those who want to focus on building strength and muscle in their upper and lower body separately. It includes five workouts per week, alternating between upper and lower body workouts.
Advanced Workout Plans
8-Week Advanced Bodybuilding Workout Plan – This eight-week plan is designed for experienced lifters who want to build serious muscle mass. It includes a combination of heavy compound exercises and isolation exercises, with a focus on high volume and progressive overload.
12-Week Powerlifting Program – This program is designed for advanced lifters who want to focus on increasing their strength in the three main lifts: squat, bench press, and deadlift. It includes four workouts per week and utilizes periodization to gradually increase intensity and volume.
Examples of Effective Resource Pages
Here are some examples of effective resource pages that you can use as inspiration for your own resource pages:
- HubSpot Marketing Resources Page: HubSpot has a resource page that provides valuable content and resources to marketers. The page is organized by topic and includes blog posts, webinars, and ebooks.
- Hootsuite Social Media Resources Page: Hootsuite has a resource page that provides social media resources and tools to businesses. The page includes blog posts, webinars, and ebooks.
- Buffer Social Media Resources Page: Buffer has a resource page that provides social media resources and tools to businesses. The page includes blog posts, webinars, and ebooks.
Q: What is a resource page?
A: A resource page is a page on your website that provides helpful information, resources, and links to other websites. Resource pages can be used to provide information about a particular topic, to link to other websites that provide helpful information, or to provide a list of resources that can be used to help visitors find what they need.
Q: What are the benefits of resource pages?
A: Resource pages can be a great way to increase website traffic and build relationships with customers. Resource pages can help to improve your search engine rankings by providing valuable content and links to other websites. Resource pages can also help to keep visitors on your website longer, as they can provide helpful information and resources that visitors may not have been able to find elsewhere.
Q: How can I create an effective resource page?
A: When creating a resource page, it’s important to choose a topic that is relevant to your business or industry. This will help to ensure that the content on the page is useful and engaging. It’s also important to include content that is relevant to the topic, to link to other websites that provide helpful information or resources, to keep the page organized, and to make it visually appealing. Finally, it’s important to include a call to action, such as a link to contact your company or a link to a product or service.
Resource pages can be a powerful tool for businesses to use to increase website traffic, build relationships with customers, and boost their search engine rankings. By following the tips and tricks outlined in this article, you can unlock the power of resource pages and make the most of your website. If you need help creating effective resource pages, contact AS6 Digital Agency today. We’ll work with you to create resource pages that are both useful and engaging.