Exploring Tulsa’s Startup Ecosystem
Tulsa, Oklahoma may not be the first city that comes to mind when thinking of startup hotspots, but it is quickly gaining attention as a hub for entrepreneurs and small businesses. In this article, we will delve into the reasons why Tulsa is a great place for startups and entrepreneurs, and explore the resources available to those looking to launch their own businesses.
Cost of Living
One of the most appealing aspects of Tulsa for entrepreneurs is its low cost of living. Compared to other major cities, Tulsa’s cost of living is significantly lower, allowing entrepreneurs to save money on expenses such as rent, utilities, and groceries. This can be a game-changer for startups, who often have limited resources and need to stretch every dollar.
Supportive Business Community
In addition to the cost of living, Tulsa boasts a supportive business community that is dedicated to helping entrepreneurs succeed. Organizations like the Tulsa Regional Chamber of Commerce offer mentorship, networking opportunities, and access to capital, while also hosting events like the Tulsa Startup Series where entrepreneurs can pitch their ideas to investors.
Incubators and Accelerators
Tulsa is also home to a number of incubators and accelerators that provide resources and support to startups. One of the most well-known is 36 Degrees North, which offers co-working space, mentorship, and access to funding. Other notable incubators and accelerators include the Tulsa Startup Series and the Lobeck Taylor Family Foundation’s Kitchen 66.
Tulsa is home to a number of successful startups, which can serve as inspiration and guidance for entrepreneurs looking to launch their own businesses. Thrive Market, an online marketplace for healthy products, and Apptentive, a software company that helps businesses improve their customer engagement, are just two examples of the successful startups that have emerged from Tulsa.
Finally, Tulsa’s universities provide entrepreneurs with access to a talented pool of potential employees. The University of Tulsa and Oral Roberts University are just two of the many institutions of higher learning in the area that are producing skilled graduates who are eager to work for startups and small businesses.
Resources available to entrepreneurs in Tulsa
- The Tulsa Regional Chamber of Commerce: The Tulsa Regional Chamber of Commerce is an excellent resource for entrepreneurs in the area. They offer a variety of programs and services to help entrepreneurs, including mentorship, networking events, and access to capital. They also have a team of business advisors who can help entrepreneurs with everything from business planning to marketing and sales. The Chamber also hosts the Tulsa Startup Series, which provides entrepreneurs with the opportunity to pitch their business ideas to investors.
- Incubators and accelerators: Tulsa is home to a number of incubators and accelerators, which provide entrepreneurs with the resources and support they need to succeed. One of the most well-known incubators is 36 Degrees North, which offers co-working spaces, mentorship, and access to funding. The Tulsa Startup Series, mentioned earlier, also serves as an incubator and accelerator for startups in the area.
- Successful startups: Tulsa is home to a number of successful startups, such as the online marketplace Thrive Market and the software company Apptentive. These companies provide entrepreneurs with examples of successful businesses, and can serve as a source of inspiration and guidance. By studying the success stories of these companies, entrepreneurs can learn valuable lessons about what it takes to build a successful business.
- Universities: Tulsa is home to a number of universities, including the University of Tulsa and Oral Roberts University. These institutions provide entrepreneurs with access to a talented pool of potential employees. Additionally, many universities have business schools that offer courses and programs specifically geared toward entrepreneurship. These programs can be an excellent resource for entrepreneurs who want to learn more about starting and growing a business.
- Government resources: In addition to the resources mentioned above, entrepreneurs in Tulsa can also take advantage of a number of government programs and resources. For example, the Small Business Administration has a local office in Tulsa that provides entrepreneurs with access to capital, counseling, and other resources. The state of Oklahoma also offers a number of tax incentives and other programs designed to support small businesses.
If you’re looking to launch a startup in Tulsa, contact AS6 Digital Agency. We specialize in helping entrepreneurs get their business off the ground, and can provide you with the resources and support you need to succeed. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you launch your business in Tulsa.
Tulsa, Oklahoma Vs. Other States
|Category||Tulsa, OK||Austin, TX||San Francisco, CA||New York, NY|
|Cost of living||Low||High||Very High||Very High|
|Access to resources||Good||Good||Excellent||Excellent|
|Venture capital funding||Growing||Abundant||Abundant||Abundant|
|Business community||Supportive||Supportive||Very Supportive||Very Supportive|
|Quality of life||Good||Excellent||Very Good||Very Good|
Note: This comparison is based on general observations and may not accurately reflect the experiences of all entrepreneurs in each location.
Q: What resources are available for startups in Tulsa?
A: Tulsa has a number of resources available for startups, including the Tulsa Regional Chamber of Commerce, which offers mentorship, networking events, and access to capital. There are also several incubators and accelerators, such as 36 Degrees North and the Tulsa Startup Series, which provide resources and support to entrepreneurs.
Q: What is the cost of living in Tulsa compared to other cities?
A: The cost of living in Tulsa is much lower than in other cities, such as New York, San Francisco, or Los Angeles. This means that entrepreneurs can save money on rent, groceries, and other expenses, allowing them to focus more of their resources on their business.
Q: What is the business community like in Tulsa?
A: The business community in Tulsa is supportive of entrepreneurs, with a number of successful startups and a variety of resources available to help entrepreneurs get their business off the ground. Tulsa is home to several incubators and accelerators, as well as the Tulsa Regional Chamber of Commerce, which offers a variety of programs and services.
Q: What universities are located in Tulsa?
A: Tulsa is home to several universities, including the University of Tulsa and Oral Roberts University. These universities provide entrepreneurs with access to a talented pool of potential employees, as well as resources and support for their business ventures.
Q: What are some successful startups that have come out of Tulsa?
A: Some successful startups that have come out of Tulsa include the online marketplace Thrive Market and the software company Apptentive. These companies provide entrepreneurs with examples of successful businesses, and can serve as a source of inspiration and guidance.
Q: How can AS6 Digital Agency help me launch my business in Tulsa?
A: AS6 Digital Agency specializes in helping entrepreneurs get their business off the ground. We can provide you with the resources and support you need to succeed, including mentorship, networking events, and access to capital. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you launch your business in Tulsa.