Display remarketing is a powerful tool for businesses looking to grow their customer base and increase their sales. It is a form of online advertising that allows businesses to target customers who have already visited their website or interacted with their brand in some way. By targeting these customers, businesses can increase their chances of converting them into paying customers. In this article, we will discuss how display remarketing can help grow your business and provide some tips on how to get started.
What is Display Remarketing?
Display remarketing is a form of online advertising that allows businesses to target customers who have already visited their website or interacted with their brand in some way. It is a powerful tool for businesses looking to grow their customer base and increase their sales.
Display remarketing works by placing ads on websites that are visited by customers who have already interacted with your brand. These ads can be tailored to the customer’s interests and can be used to remind them of your brand and encourage them to take action.
Benefits of Display Remarketing
There are many benefits to using display remarketing to grow your business. Here are some of the most important ones:
1. Increased Brand Awareness: Display remarketing allows you to reach customers who have already interacted with your brand. This helps to increase brand awareness and can lead to more sales.
2. Targeted Ads: Display remarketing allows you to target customers based on their interests and past interactions with your brand. This helps to ensure that your ads are seen by the right people and increases the chances of them taking action.
3. Cost-Effective: Display remarketing is a cost-effective way to reach customers. It is much cheaper than traditional advertising methods and can be tailored to fit any budget.
4. Measurable Results: Display remarketing allows you to track the performance of your ads and measure the results. This helps you to optimize your campaigns and get the most out of your budget.
How to Get Started with Display Remarketing
Getting started with display remarketing is easy. Here are some tips to help you get started:
1. Set Up Your Ads: The first step is to set up your ads. You can do this by using a platform such as Google Ads or Facebook Ads.
2. Choose Your Target Audience: Once you have set up your ads, you need to choose your target audience. You can do this by selecting the demographics, interests, and behaviors of the people you want to target.
3. Set Your Budget: Once you have chosen your target audience, you need to set your budget. This will determine how much you are willing to spend on your ads.
4. Monitor Your Ads: Once your ads are running, you need to monitor them to ensure they are performing as expected. You can do this by tracking the performance of your ads and making adjustments as needed.
If you’re new to display remarketing, it may seem daunting at first. However, there are some easy steps you can take to get started:
- Define Your Goals: Before you start any marketing campaign, it’s essential to define your goals. Ask yourself what you hope to achieve with your display remarketing campaign. Do you want to increase brand awareness, generate leads, or drive sales? Once you have a clear idea of your goals, you can create a more targeted and effective campaign.
- Set Up Your Ads: The first step to getting started with display remarketing is to set up your ads. You can use platforms such as Google Ads, Facebook Ads, or other ad networks to create your ads.
- Choose Your Target Audience: After setting up your ads, you need to choose your target audience. One of the biggest benefits of display remarketing is that you can target customers who have already interacted with your brand. You can also target new customers who fit a specific demographic or have a particular interest. Choosing the right audience is crucial to the success of your campaign.
- Create Your Ad Copy: Your ad copy is the text that appears on your display ads. It should be attention-grabbing, concise, and tailored to your target audience. Make sure your ad copy includes a strong call-to-action (CTA) that encourages users to take the desired action, such as clicking through to your website.
- Design Your Ads: Once you have your ad copy, you need to design your ads. The visual component of your ads is crucial because it’s what catches the user’s attention. Make sure your ads are visually appealing, on-brand, and optimized for the ad platform you’re using. You can use images, videos, or even interactive elements to make your ads more engaging.
- Set Your Budget: After designing your ads, you need to set your budget. One of the benefits of display remarketing is that it’s cost-effective, but you still need to determine how much you’re willing to spend on your ads. You can set a daily budget or a total budget for your campaign.
- Monitor Your Ads: Once your ads are up and running, it’s essential to monitor them regularly. This allows you to see how your ads are performing and make adjustments as needed. You can use analytics tools to track metrics such as click-through rates (CTRs), conversion rates, and return on ad spend (ROAS).
- Optimize Your Campaign: Optimization is an ongoing process that involves making changes to your campaign to improve its performance. Some optimization techniques include adjusting your target audience, testing different ad copy or visuals, or tweaking your budget. Continuously optimizing your campaign can help you get the most out of your ad spend and achieve your marketing goals.
Examples of Display Remarketing
Here are some examples of how businesses use display remarketing to grow their customer base:
- E-commerce businesses can use display remarketing to target customers who abandoned their shopping carts. By showing them ads with a discount or free shipping offer, businesses can incentivize customers to complete their purchase.
- B2B companies can use display remarketing to target customers who visited their website but didn’t fill out a contact form. By showing them ads with a CTA to schedule a consultation or download a whitepaper, businesses can convert those leads into sales.
- Travel businesses can use display remarketing to target customers who searched for flights or hotels but didn’t complete their booking. By showing them ads with a limited-time offer or a reminder of their search, businesses can encourage customers to complete their booking.
Remarketing Companies To Consider
Here is a comparison table for some popular platforms for retargeting:
|Google Ads||Widely used, offers various targeting options including remarketing lists, highly customizable ads, easy integration with Google Analytics||Can be complex to set up and optimize, competition can drive up the cost of ads||CPC-based, with costs varying based on competition and targeting options|
|Facebook Ads||Large user base, allows for detailed targeting based on user interests and behavior, offers various ad formats including carousel and video ads||Limited to users within the Facebook platform, users may be less likely to convert compared to other platforms||CPC-based, with costs varying based on competition and targeting options|
|AdRoll||Integrates with various ad networks, offers cross-device targeting, provides access to detailed analytics and reporting||Requires a minimum ad spend, may not have as large of a reach as Google or Facebook Ads||Fees are performance-based, with costs varying based on ad spend and performance|
|Criteo||Offers personalized recommendations for ad content, integrates with various ad networks, allows for cross-device targeting||Limited reporting options, may be more expensive compared to other platforms||Fees are performance-based, with costs varying based on ad spend and performance|
|Perfect Audience||Offers various ad formats including retargeting ads, dynamic ads, and mobile app ads, allows for cross-device targeting||May not have as large of a reach as other platforms, limited targeting options compared to Google or Facebook Ads||CPC-based, with costs varying based on competition and targeting options|
Note that this is not an exhaustive list and there are many other platforms available for retargeting, each with their own advantages and disadvantages. It is important to carefully consider your business goals and target audience when choosing a platform for retargeting.
Q: What is the difference between display remarketing and retargeting?
A: Display remarketing and retargeting are often used interchangeably, but they are slightly different. Display remarketing refers specifically to the use of display ads to target users who have already interacted with a brand or visited a website. Retargeting, on the other hand, refers to the practice of targeting users who have interacted with a brand or website across various channels, including email, social media, and search engines.
Q: How do I know if display remarketing is right for my business?
A: Display remarketing can be effective for businesses of all sizes and industries. If you have a website and are looking to increase brand awareness and conversions, display remarketing could be a valuable tool for your business.
Q: How much does display remarketing cost?
A: The cost of display remarketing can vary depending on a number of factors, including the size of your target audience and the bidding strategy you use. It is typically less expensive than traditional advertising methods, and you can set a daily or overall budget to control your spend.
Q: What platforms can I use for display remarketing?
A: The most popular platforms for display remarketing include Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and AdRoll. Each platform offers unique targeting options and bidding strategies, so it is important to choose the one that best fits your business goals.
Q: How do I measure the success of my display remarketing campaigns?
A: You can measure the success of your display remarketing campaigns by tracking metrics such as click-through rates, conversion rates, and return on ad spend (ROAS). These metrics can help you optimize your campaigns and get the most out of your budget.
Display remarketing is a powerful tool for businesses looking to grow their customer base and increase their sales. It allows businesses to target customers who have already interacted with their brand and can be used to increase brand awareness and drive sales. If you are looking to grow your business, display remarketing is a great option.
If you need help getting started with display remarketing, contact AS6 Digital Agency. Our team of experts can help you set up your ads, choose your target audience, and monitor your campaigns to ensure they are performing as expected. Contact us today to learn more.